Sunday, September 14, 2008

Endless...

I just love the MaineTeam. We have some serious marketers hiding in crafters bodies. Backwoods Creations had the fabulous idea for everyone to blog about someone whose shop is the opposite letter of the alphabet than your own. I got pretty close with the letter E and I just love this shop.. we both like words beginning with whim and I gave her a shout out yesterday and she has the same birthday as my step-daughter... so I want to share some of Endless Whimsy's work.

Endless (aka Ronovia), is a music teacher to junior high students, as well as a chorus and boy's choir teacher to middle school aged kids. And she is the assistant director (training choir) of the Southern Maine Children's Chorus. And she teaches piano at nights in her spare time.. uh wow she's busy..

Is it totally obvious that I am getting all of this from her bio?! (clearly well written!) But I thoroughly inspired as I keep reading. Piano which I mentioned she teaches as night is her "main" instrument (uhm yeah.. hi... I sadly don't have any) "to a small studio of students (you may hear of three of them once they're famous!)"

Endless began sculpting polymer clay kitties becuase she was looking for something to do that was non music related. (Good Choice Endless!) "Endless Whimsy stands for the never ending creative part of me that needs to explode after a day at the workplace. I've spent my entire life being creative – through art, unconventional ideas and music. I'm a closet artist who dreams of specific artwork, and after the idea is formed in my head – I go for it. I have a multitude of Eiffel Tower paintings at home, along with many portraits of my two cats, who inspire my work: Stoli, a Russian Blue, and Luxor, an Egyptian Mau."

Each scultupe beings as a ball of polymer clay and is then hand sculpted to form a one of a kind kitty.

Aside from being a MaineTeam member, Endless is also a member of Etsy for Animals. She so kindly contributes 10% of revenues from her cat themed items to a local rescue shelter (HART) in Cumberland. That's so nice Endless.. such a nice gesture. I thank you for that.

Favorite Materials: clay, acrylic, watercolor, stamps, ink, screenprinting

Origami Lights by whimsidoodle.etsy.com