Thursday, June 5, 2008

Gotta start somewhere right?

Welcome to my blog. This is my very first post, so please bare with me as I attempt to make a go of this. I must admit... I've been holding out on joing the "blogosphere". I figured, "what do I need a blog for, everyone already has one, so at one point in time do they become obsolete?", but then I started to look at it differently and started realizing what a fun way to say what I want to say, show pictures of my work and my family and whoever wants to read it can... sign me up.

I left my job in December of 2007 to be home with my baby. Since then I have been piecing it together. My new tagline = "Piecing it together through a hodge podge of projects". I think that pretty much sums it up. In march I opened my very own shop on etsy - whimsidoodle.etsy.com. I've really been enjoying finding my creative side again.



Etsy is a fabulous community filled with amazing artists and more importantly very nice, caring and helpful people. Soon after I joined etsy I stumbled across the MaineTeam. A group of Etsy members who happen to all live in Maine and thought it would be great if they banded together and help promote one another. Check out the MaineTeam blog!

I should probably take this opportunity to introduce myself... everyone looks the best on their wedding day, so naturally........My name is Jennifer Payson. I am married to a wonderful husband and father, Jeff. We have two girls at home - my step-daughter Julia and our baby Kelsey (I can't believe she will be a year in July already!) Jeff is a phys ed and health teacher for k-8. Julia is a vivacious first grader and a phenomenal reader and miss kelsey is crawling all over the place these days. How fast it goes by!


Until next time... (it just feels weird not signing off)

4 comments:

Sal Troccoli said...

For be a first time your blog is very nice, congratulaions from Arizona.

hrrp://elsdiglodesomerton.blogspot.com/

Kareni said...

HI Jen...Cuz Karen here! Love your blog, and I really enjoyed looking at your pictures. The girls are not home tonight but I am going to have them take a look at the oragami lights...we might NEED some for their room!

Will we see you in LI in July??? I hope so... I can't wait to meet Kelsey.

Summer said...

Welcome to blogging! I don't have the time to do it myself, but I'm a big blog reader! I added you to my Google Reader so I'll never miss a post! How's that for a friend! ;)

I heart you! ")

Mom2boys said...

Hey Jen, great first post.....I love the blogging world!


Origami Lights by whimsidoodle.etsy.com